Wednesday, May 20, 2015

DIY Photo Letter


Hello everyone! My roommate Cody's birthday is today, and I made her this letter as a gift. It was super easy to make, and she loved the sentimental value (it's already hanging on her wall!).

Supplies:

  • Wooden letter
  • Acrylic paint (I used black to blend with the photos)
  • Matte Mod Podge (you don't need a lot of this! I barely made a dent in my 2oz bottle)
  • Foam brush
  • Pictures
  • Scissors
  • Optional: pocket knife (To trim the edges. You can just use the scissors, but I found it was easier with the thinner blade)

Step One:
Start by applying one coat of paint. I painted the top and sides with a thin coat so it dried very fast!

Step Two:
Next, cut out all of your photos and stage them on the letter. I used the mod podge as glue to secure them.

Step Three:
Using the foam brush, apply mod podge generously over the pictures. I tried to make all of my brush strokes go in the same direction in order to make it look neater. Don't worry about how cloudy it looks! It will dry clear! I did two coats (waiting 20 minutes in between each one) in order to make sure they were all secure!

Step Four:
Once it is dry (about 15-20 minutes), turn the letter over and trim the photos that hang over the edge using a pocket knife. (I also ended up doing another layer of mod podge after this in order to make sure the sides were covered.)

And that's it! A quick, easy, and meaningful gift! I hope you all enjoyed this tutorial!

Bisous,

Lauren





No comments:

Post a Comment