Monday, September 8, 2014

Dorm Ideas:


So I've been in school for almost three weeks now and I thought I'd make a post about how I have my dorm set up! I have a lot of DIY stuff and various things that have made dorm like so much easier. 

I live in Courts Hall at Sewanee: The University of the South. If you are a prospective student an want to learn more about life at courts, you can find more information on the school's website in the link here.

I live in a suite style dorm where we have a bedroom, a study room where our desks are and a bathroom which we share with two other girls in the dorm next to us.

Make your dorm go from this.....


To this!




I've found that adding things to the walls makes the room feel a lot "homier." This weekend our school had a poster sale where you could choose from hundreds of posters they had on sale. The posters really give our room a more lived in look.


I also made flower lights which I absolutely love! They look even better when lit up! To make them, just buy a strand of outdoor lights and put the lights through fake flowers. I put the little plastic inner parts over the fabric to make sure they stay on.

I think it's really important to have pictures of friends and family from back home, so I made a photo strand. I bought sparkly green washi tape to put over the clothes pins so that it would match my roommate's bedding.


The best thing that we bought for our room is our door organizer. This is an absolute MUST if you want to keep our bathroom/dorm organized. All of our stuff is neatly stored in each little cubby and easily accessible.



I love this little organizer I bought for my side table. I got it at Walmart and with the help of some scrapbook paper, I was able to personalize it and make it cute. I put some foam in the top shelf and I stuck my earrings in it to keep them from going all over the place.


Another convenient part of our room is are the wall hooks we put up. I use mine to dry off/store my towel and keep my necklaces organized. They are really cheap but do a great job keeping everything organized!


We bought up tension rods in all of our windows in closets to add color to the room while also giving the room a cleaner look. I highly recommend doing this because it really adds a lot to the space.



Thanks for reading! -xoxo Rachel









   

No comments:

Post a Comment