Saturday, July 12, 2014

How I organized my Lilly Agenda

Hello all, it's Natalie! I'm pretty excited to be uploading the first post to Les Trois Pois.

So recently all three of us ordered Lilly Pulitzer agendas to help us keep organized in college, and they are so gosh darn cute, who could resist?! I ordered the large in Jellies be Jammin'. (Funny story I accidentally ordered two, oops.) You can order one here.

 I absolutely adore it. Lauren already knows about my "unique" obsession with jellies, and I love the light blue and pink colors.

This is what the first page looks like. I made a return address on Microsoft Word with my name, phone number, and dorm location, just in case I misplace it and some kind soul finds it and decides to deliver it back to me. I used the fonts Modern No. 20 and Cantoni. I don't have a pencil pouch yet so I just stored my pens here temporarily. If you were curious, I got the pens at my local target for about $10. You can get them online here. They're made by Yoobi, which is a company that for every item you buy they donate one to a classroom in the USA. So not only do I have some cool gel pens, but so does some lucky grade schooler.  

Excuse my bad hand writing, I have been out of school for a while and my penmanship has decreased drastically. However, this is what the pens ink looks like. The light yellow orange, yellow, and yellow green are a bit illegible so I will probably use those as accents colors.Otherwise, I really like the variety of colors! I'm obsessed with color coding, I don't have my schedule for next year yet, but I will probably have a color for each class, a color for sorority events (If I rush), and a color for special events. I'll give you guys a better update of my system once school starts.

This is the other side of the first page. As you can see it has a handy little built in folder. I store the stickers came with the agenda and my Disney pass calender in here for safe keeping. I took out some of the pages included in the agenda because I couldn't see them ever being useful to me. So there's supposed to be a page in between the two pages shown here, but eh. I prefer it looking like this. 

The next pages include a 2014-2016 calender. Which is useful if you ever need to look up a date really quickly. I highlighted my birthday for some reason. 

After the annual calender there was all the monthly calenders, however, there's also monthly calenders before all the weekly calenders later on in the agenda. I decided there was no use for them for me, so I  carefully removed them and glued the left August 2014 page to the right December 2015 one, and ta-da! no  more useless pages.


See! Two monthly calendars in the same agenda, why? Lauren had the fantastic idea of using the  pages I took out as a desk calender. I wont be able to use August 2014 or December 2015, but I don't start school until late September, and I will hopefully be ordering another agenda next July. 

I decided to pint out picture of the friends and family and put it on their birthdays. I used Microsoft Word again, and resized the picture to approximately 1.5" X 1.25" and recolored them using the "color" function in the "picture tools" tab. I used the Modern No. 20 font again to put what age they are turning in the right hand corner. I created my own "color theme" under the "design" tab to get colors that would coordinate with the monthly themes. 
I don't know if you noticed my little bookmark (agenda mark?), but it was super easy to make. I used a paperclip I had on my desk and some satin ribbon I had laying around. I tied the bow around the paperclip and ta-da! perfectl little place keeper.



Lastly, I was looking through handouts and magazines my college had given me through the decision process and I found this perfectly sized campus map and directory! I cut them out and glued them in the last two pages of my agenda for easy access because I know I will be that lost little freshman next year and it will definitely help me out. 

I hope you all enjoyed this post! If you have any questions leave a comment and I will try to get back to you. Thanks.

xoxo,
Natalie


 





No comments:

Post a Comment